22 November 2016

Haiku Tuesday: Burn Ban

Ah, those were the days!
I want to build a fire, but most of southeast and northwest Arkansas is under what has been a lengthy burn ban. Mostly, I haven't built a fire in a while and just feel like practicing! I've also been wanting to learn to start a fire with a bow drill. I've been able to start one with flint and steel for some time, but I'd like to add the bow drill to my repertoire.

I think I'm going to make some marshmallows since I can't roast any.  But for now, here's my sad haiku.

No marshmallows are
Toasted and no wieners roasted
Til the rain returns

I'm in need of some camping soon!  After Thanksgiving, but before Christmas, hopefully.  I'm thinking of checking out Leroy Percy State Park in Mississippi to kayak or going bike riding, maybe backpacking at Cane Creek State Park in Arkansas. I could do either as a day trip, and with the burn ban, I may. Just a day out, taking a break will be nice.

I'm excited that I live closer to my family for Thanksgiving this year. We're celebrating on Wednesday because my sister works on Thursday.

I'm also working on a weaving tutorial series of posts. The first one should be up before the end of the month, with the second not far behind. I'm going to start with very basic instructions and weaving newspaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment