10 November 2012

Color Run!

A week from today, I will be running in my first 5K ever!

The pre-race documents are online now, for the New Orleans Color Run. It makes me feel all tingly and official-like. Like I'm a real runner!

I'm excited about running, but I'm also excited about going back to New Orleans. I loved my time there and sometimes wish I had stayed. Of course, Hurricane Katrina always pops into my head and I'm like "maybe it's a good thing I didn't!"

There are no crazy obstacles, no big prizes. The race isn't even timed. I think it's perfect for my first run. I recently ran 4 miles, so I know I can do it.

My wonderful guy is going with me to be my personal race photographer and cheerleader. Isn't he amazing?

In case anyone is vaguely curious, the course for the Color Run is all located around UNO's campus and is laid out here on google maps.

Soon there will be picture proof of me covered in color that I ran a real event! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment